Terms of service
Privacy & Data Protection
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit/debit card numbers, Stripe or Paypal account details), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Social Media: Participation in HICI Ltd sponsored social media activities and offerings is voluntary – we process information obtained from social media participation on the basis of your consent and in furtherance of our related business interests, including for marketing, service improvements and analytics.
Promotions and Sweepstakes: Participation in sweepstakes, contests and other promotional offerings is voluntary – we process the information obtained from such participation based on your consent and as necessary to administer the offering. We also use certain data for our business purposes, including for marketing, service improvements and analytics.
Direct Marketing: We use your personal information to send you marketing messages on the basis of your consent. You may withdraw your consent for direct marketing communications at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by following the unsubscribe instructions in the marketing message.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns). We may also use this to show you targeted advertisements on products and services we think would be of interest based on your interaction with our website.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by following these links:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
HICI Ltd, Boughton Industrial Estate, Boughton, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG229LE, United Kingdom.
Data collected for the guarantee registration shall be saved, processed and used for the purpose of support, for information about products and services and for other marketing activities of TrigJig, a brand of HiCi Ltd. TrigJig does not share your personal data with third parties and undertake to maintain the prevailing legal GDPR regulations. I can object at any time to the use of my data for the purpose of product information and other marketing activities. If an objection of this kind is made, TrigJig shall cease to use the saved data.
QUALITY GUARANTEE & WARRANTY
All TrigJig® Tools are checked throughout the production and assembly process. Our stringent quality control procedures enable us to guarantee a 3 year manufacturer’s warranty for all of our hand tools. Any warranty claim based on your sales contract with the retailer and your statutory rights are not affected by this guarantee. Register your guarantee at: www.trigjig.com/guarantee
Our guarantee is subject to the conditions set out below:
1. Our guarantee is set out in accordance with provisions (2 to 7) and provides for the correction of manufacturing faults with the tool, FOC provided it can be verified by ourselves that the issues presented were caused by a material or manufacturing fault reported during the guarantee period.
2. The guarantee period is for 36 months (3 years) from date of first (new) purchase 2a – The 3 year guarantee is dependent on the purchaser registering their product within 30 days of purchasing online at www.trigjig.com/registerwarranty 2b – Proof of purchase (must include date and location of purchase) should be retained and kept with a printed copy of the warranty registration form. Keeping these documents secure remains the responsibility of the purchaser 2c – In order to register for the 3 year warranty you must agree to the storage of personal data entered on the site (more details given during the registration process)
3. The guarantee does not cover the following: · Components that are subjected to natural wear and tear caused by day to day use of the tools in accordance with the operating instructions. · Defects in the tool caused by non-compliance with the operating instructions, improper use, abnormal environmental conditions. Inappropriate operating conditions, water or condensation damage, failure of parts exposed to extreme temperatures, incorrect power source usage or over-tightening of levers. · Defects caused by non-genuine TrigJig® parts. · Minor deviations from the specified quality that do not affect the value or operation of the tool.
4. Defects deemed by us to be covered under the guarantee shall be corrected by repair of the original tool or a replacement of the tool with a fully functioning tool (later models may be used to replace unrepairable units). If we replace a tool the original becomes our property.
5. We must be notified of any guarantee claim within the guarantee period. This requires sending the complete tool to us on request accompanied with the original sales receipt (including date and location of purchase) and a copy of the printed guarantee registration form. Partially or completely disassembled tools cannot be submitted for a warranty claim. You shall bear the cost of any shipping fees incurred when transporting the tool to us. Invalid warranty claims may be repairable, in which case you may be offered an estimate of the cost involved. Fees related to the return to you of tools that are deemed not to be covered by our guarantee will be incurred by you.
6. Claims other than the right to correction of faults in the tool named n these guarantee conditions are not covered by our guarantee.
7. Service provided under our guarantee do not lengthen or renew the original guarantee period for the original tool or its replacement.
The above guarantees apply to tools that are bought and used in Europe.
UK law shall apply to this guarantee to the exclusion of the UN Convention on the International Sale of Goods (CISG) in so far as this is permitted by national legislation.
TAXES & IMPORT DUTIES
All UK and EU orders are inclusive of 20% VAT.
*PLEASE NOTE* Due to aviation regulations countries outside of the UK do not allow us to ship the products with the free CR2450 lithium battery. This will need to be purchased locally.
By placing an order, you are agreeing that it is your responsibility to pay any additional local duties or import taxes due on receipt of your order. Any orders that are not collected due to unpaid tax and duties, and therefore returned to us by the delivery company, will incur a return cost of £12.50 plus an administration charge of £30.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Cancelling An Order
In line with UK distance selling regulations you have a right to cancel your order placed on our website within 14 days. If 14 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange. However, if the item is faulty please see details of your warranty to return the item. If you would like to cancel your order, please let us know by emailing email@example.com within 14 days stating your name and order number.
To be eligible for a refund, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging. If the item has already been dispatched, you are responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us.
If you did not purchase your item on www.trigjig.com please contact the retailer that you purchased the product from.
Returning An Order / Refunds
There are certain situations where no or only partial refunds are granted: (if applicable)
* Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error.
* Any item that is returned more than 14 days after delivery
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment within x days.
Late or missing refunds
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com and send your item to: Unit 7, Boughton Industrial Estate, Boughton, Newark, Notts, NG229LE, United Kingdom.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will find out about your return.
To return your product, you should mail your product to: HICI Ltd, Unit 7, Boughton Industrial Estate, Boughton, Newark, Notts, NG229LE, United Kingdom.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
We advise using a trackable shipping service for all returns or purchasing shipping insurance. We cannot guarantee that we will receive your returned item.